Today I’ve made yet another batch of this to-die-for, Easy Chocolate & Coconut Slice.
I’ve been working on quite a few slice recipes for the boys’ lunch boxes, who prefer the home baked variety much more than most of the store bought bars on the market. I like the fact that I know exactly what is in them AND I can whip a batch up very quickly with ingredients that are usually in the pantry.
I’ve used organic cocoa today but you can use whatever type takes your fancy.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ¼ cup coco powder
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut or vanilla essence (optional)
- Preheat over to 180ºC
- Line the base of a slice tin with baking paper and allow two sides to overhang (this will make it easier to remove the slice from the tin later)
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together
- In a smal microwaveable jug, melt butter and golden syrup for 1 minute.
- Add melted mixture to dry ingredients (add the essence at this stage if you choose to use it)
- Mix thoroughly and press gently into slice tin.
- Bake for approximately 20 mins.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into bars.