Some mornings I just want a sweet (but healthy) start without too much fussing in the kitchen or having a pile of dishes to contend with.
If so, then this might just be the sweet quickie you’re after. Not only does my wheat free blueberry pancake taste amazing, it’s also totally guilt free. Packed full of antioxidants, protein and no gluten in sight, you will feel satisfied without experiencing that bloating feeling that wheat can cause.
The recipe below is a serving for one but you can just multiply the ingredients to suit.
- 1 teaspoon of butter or coconut oil for frying
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ cup almond meal (ground almonds/almond flour)
- handful of blueberries
- Yoghurt & maple syrup to serve (optional)
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a non stick pan
- In a small jug, mix eggs and almond meal together
- Gently mix in blueberries (maybe save a few to serve)
- On a medium heat, pour pancake mixture into pan
- Allow to cook for a few minutes. You will know it is ready to flip when you test lifting the edges with a spatula.
- Flip over and cook the other side. (see note)
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and top with yoghurt, maple and extra blueberries.